CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Why Confuse and Conquer?



You're probably sitting there thinking, "What the crap? Seriously? Why would she choose that? What is she talking about? There goes the crazy woman again." There are many reasons.

  1. Why not? It's my blog and I'll name it whatever I want, thank you very much!
  2. It's something my husband says to me all the time when I'm confused by something he says or when I confuse the crap out of him and get my way.
  3. I firmly believe most of the world politicians do this to us every day. I think people are always after their own agenda and if they can confuse us enough to make us agree with them, that's all the better, right?
  4. This concept can be applied to all areas of life from early childhood until the very end - not just politicians, everyone tries to do this, even if they don't admit it.
  5. Oh, and my other idea for a blog title was taken by someone who wrote one entry several years ago and never did anything else. Ugh.
I'll go into detail about many of these areas through my posts, but mostly, this is going to be my place to be who I want to be and say what I feel for once without worrying about who I offend or who agrees or disagrees with me. Ok, who am I kidding, I'm not like that at all, but I'm going to try to do that.

I am one to just allow people to walk on me like the "welcome" mat on my doorstep, wipe their feet all over me with their dirt and grime (especially the Kodiak kind that's really nasty in winter - slush and mud in one - YUCK!) and still smile, take their coat and ask if they want coffee or better yet a martini. I'm sick and tired of being that person. I'm tired of being labeled by what my husband does or by what house I live in or what clothes I wear or my children and how they came to be (yes. there is a story there, and in time I may share it, but I've got another place for that).

I was talking to a girlfriend last night and realized that I SO miss being ME! I miss writing about my thoughts and feelings and opening myself up for evaluation. That's what this is for. A place to hone my skills once again. To re-discover who I am. I want to be someone other than a wife and mom. I NEED to be someone other than that. I need more in my life. I thought that's all I ever wanted only to find that it is only a small part of who I am. I want a life of my own in many ways.

How am I going to do this exactly? I'm not sure, but I know it will come. My postings may be rare or they may come several times a week. Who knows? All I know is that today, I'm one step closer. Feel free to join me.

eta: Still wondering what my other blog idea was? Stone Soup. If you're anywhere near as nosy as I am you were curious. It would have been equally appropriate for me, seeing as I feel like a little bit of everything thrown into one.

4 comments:

The Culvers of Clearwater said...

I guess we're as equally as nosy as each other LOL. That's the first thing I thought of!

hugs!

FoxFamilyFive said...

Glad you shared your 1st choice name. That would have bugged me all day. *ha ha*

Good for you! Thanks for the invite!

The Little Wife said...

Love it! No matter what you call your blog, I hope we can all share in the joy of and add to your "soup". It sounds like it's going to be enjoyable for all who read it.

Thanks again for the invite.

Amber said...

Yup, I was wondering, too. :)

Glad to see you got it up and running!